Corporate Risks Limited © 2013 | All Rights Reserved
Level 6, 181 Willis Street, Wellington 6011 nz
Managing Director, Russell Joseph, with over 30 years experience in the investigation arena, runs a highly progressive and forward thinking organization with an elite team of experienced fire investigators based across New Zealand.
A major strength of this company is its ability to mobilize an Origin and Cause expert within a few short hours of receiving instructions - with the added advantage that a Factual Investigator can also be arranged to attend in tandem. In essence, one phone call – both investigators immediately en route.
The company’s fire specialists come to the organization with impressive credentials and with a wealth of fire investigation experience under their belts. Expertise ranges from between 10 and 20 years experience with either the NZ Fire Service or the NZ Police - and all have been deployed in a huge and complex range of investigations, bringing strengths and vast knowledge in many areas.
Recently acclaimed winner of the prestigious IBANZ award (New Zealand Investigator of The Year), Russell was nominated by Vero Insurance in recognition of his experience, skill, professionalism and integrity – and in recognition of his reputation as being one of New Zealand’s leading Fire Origin and Cause experts.
Corporate Risks attends approximately 300 fires each year and specializes in issues surrounding liability and litigation.
The team not only comprises 3 Origin and Cause experts but also has 2 highly experienced Fire Factual investigators with vast experience in this arena.
In addition, Corporate Risks has developed an in-house computer forensic capability. This innovation has opened the door to new and progressive techniques when investigating fire scenes. Many find it unbelievable that a computer, damaged by fire, still gives up many secrets. Utilization of the Corporate Risks Fire Factual Investigators, whilst not mandatory, is encouraged.
This strategy guarantees and promotes:-
- Efficient liaison
- Prompt reporting
- The convenience of providing insurers with ONE merged report covering the entire investigation
- The ability to provide a report where the final Origin and Cause determination is reached, with ALL the factual information taken fully into account.
It is our experience that investigators deployed in the fire factual area must have a unique set of skills that go well beyond those required in a standard (non fire related) insurance investigation.
Some of the areas listed below will highlight the importance of utilizing an experienced Factual Investigator who has the special fire expertise to which we are referring:-
- Will have an in-depth understanding of what questions need to be asked to support or negate information arising from a scene examination.
- Will have a comprehensive understanding and knowledge in respect to the potential causes of fire.
- Will understand fire dynamics and behaviour.
- Will have an in depth knowledge of Policy response issues, Codes and Practices (building code, hot works code etc…)
- Will be well versed in the Standards for Wiring (lighting installations, down lighting, fireplace installations etc…)
- Will have established networks within the fire investigation industry.